For people wondering what Ron Paul has been up to since retiring from Congress, then, here’s your answer. And he has more announcements coming.
Over the past several weeks I have mentioned that I’ve been at work on a K-12 homeschool curriculum. That wasn’t the whole story. Today I can tell you the whole story: it is the Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum.
There is nothing like this curriculum anywhere. Here are just a few of the factors that set it apart.
(1) Grades K-5 will be available for free. You have six years to try out the program without having to spend a dime.
(2) Students will learn the origins and travails of liberty in the Western world and in the United States in particular.
(3) Students will learn the economics of the Austrian School.
(4) Students can learn at their own pace. If they’re advanced and move more quickly, they can quiz out of the first two years of college and enter college as juniors.
(5) The emphasis in this program is not simply on teaching from a different point of view, or teaching material that no other school or curriculum offers, although the Ron Paul Curriculum does both of these things. But it also emphasizes oral and written communication, so that students will be able to spread and defend their ideas effectively. Students will have their own blogs, start YouTube channels, and even learn the basics of video production, website design, and Internet marketing.
(6) It’s cheap. For access to the forums, it’s $250 per year. Each course is just $50. No textbooks — they’re awful, and we use pdfs and primary documents to teach students — so you’ll save hundreds of dollars that way as well.